Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: OK, all set for a great race tomorrow at Red Bud! GO Project 250!!!  (Read 10590 times)

Offline Maico International

• Junior
    • View Profile
Re: OK, all set for a great race tomorrow at Red Bud! GO Project 250!!!
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2010, 10:35:15 AM »
Sorry about the lack of updates... I have a horrible connection here! It took 5 minutes to load the reply box and it's not all done yet!

We had a weird issue with the bike in the first practice, a rock to the outer clutch cover! Mike did not even get one lap of practice!!! To say he was upset would be an understatement.

Using parts from the practice bike, we put his race bike together with about 5 minutes to spare for the second 15 minute qualifying session. Of course, Mike had never ridden this track at all and had no chance to test anything here, so his first few laps were nothing more than looking around laps.

He made a stop at his mechanic Todd to adjust the forks to make them stiffer, then headed out to do a hot lap. He cruised up to the bowl turn, then got on the gas hard heading up to the finish line. When he got there the checked was waving.

His lap time of 2:39 was on a lap that two guys fell in a tight corner in the back section, in where Mike had to go around in the really, really soft stuff (I was watching him there) he lost so much time there!

We all know that he would have been at least 5 to 10 seconds a lap faster.

It would have helped to have completed the first practice session, because we really needed to add on tooth to the rear sprocket as well.

We are so sorry to disappoint all of our fans... we learned a great deal and know that our results at Unadilla will be much better.

As an aside, Mike said that there were tons of people cheering him on, waving towels, shouting and more. I even heard the guys standing next to me at the track talking about Project Two 50, then I pointed out Mike to them. They were very happy and excited.

We know that we are heading in the right direction and will improve.

Thank you all for your amazing support!

So sorry to here this John, I know how much time, effort and money has gone into this project and its such a downer when these things happen especially when you know how much people are rooting for you.Regards and best wishes to the team.

Offline ktm150rippa

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2010, 10:41:58 AM »
its alright bad luck sometimes gets us all. I know it may sounds dumb but it might have been a good thing for mike i look to see him more determined than ever at dilla like was said before no matter the outcome we're all proud of the effort!

Offline riffraff

• Professional
  • Still smokin' after all these years
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2010, 10:46:26 AM »
That's a total bummer! Watched the first moto on Alli and the track looked like it would have been good for the 250
aaahhhhh yes, I remember the good old days

Offline Hondacrrider

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2010, 10:47:28 AM »
Oh well, no one can say you didn't try, and you have plenty more opportunities.
I'd rather be riding...

Offline 2smoker

• Professional
    • View Profile
Formula over substance will ALWAYS sell more.

Offline msmola2002

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2010, 12:40:19 PM »
Roll on Unadilla.

It is a real shame, and I really feel for you guys - but sometimes some shitty luck like that is just out of your hands and there is not much you can do :(

I'll be there to support you guys for the next two. It will come together!!!

Offline ktm150rippa

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2010, 12:56:15 PM »
yall have any videos of the race bike? I wanna hear that thing in action!

Offline 2smoker

• Professional
    • View Profile

Offline 2smoker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2010, 02:53:46 PM »
Project Two 50_Foley's Farm

WOW! Mike riding style fits the 2 stroke like no tomorrow! I love it!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 03:00:11 PM by 2smoker »

Offline juliend

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2010, 07:27:47 PM »
We are so sorry to disappoint all of our fans... we learned a great deal and know that our results at Unadilla will be much better.

You'll get no disappointment from me! I'm proud of you guys, all of you, and I'm proud to have the chance to follow the project with some inside info! Keep up the good work, and remember we all stand behind every one of you 110%!!

Offline SwapperMX

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2010, 07:40:56 PM »
Word on the street is that one of the big wigs from Honda threw that rock at Mike which broke his clutch cover.

:o       :o        :o
Two Stroke - A Revolution or Extinction ??

You DECIDE !!

Offline G-MONEY

• Expert
  • LET'R BUCK
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2010, 09:38:30 PM »
Let's get some spare parts.......shifter,clutch & magneto covers rear brake pedal ect ect.
 robbing the practice bike for parts on raceday is bad for morale.Stuff like the rock sticks in everyones mind. Pulling a fresh part off the shelf minimizes the phycological suckiness of the situation.

"Everthing's the same just slightly different"

Offline luthier269

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2010, 10:02:48 PM »
Good things never come easy! Hold your heads high and learn from the setbacks. The knowledge you gained will be invaluable in the future. Remember you are compeating against the best riders and teams in the world it wont be easy but you guys should be comended!
Motocross is a real sport all the rest are just games

Offline Suzuki TS250/185

• Expert
  • No Thanks
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2010, 10:38:42 PM »

You'll get no disappointment from me! I'm proud of you guys, all of you, and I'm proud to have the chance to follow the project with some inside info! Keep up the good work, and remember we all stand behind every one of you 110%!!

TRUE DAT!!!  :P

Troops, forward march to Unadilla!!!

Everyone's behind you 100% no matter what. The dissapointment isn't with Project 250, it really lies in the kind of stale state that Pro Motocross finds itself in these days, with it's severely combed out program (Half a freaking DAY of sterile timed qualifiers instead of the MUCH more entertaining heats?) and with the races vigerously showcasing their parade of unbroken corporate conformity, Fart Cart 4 Strokes marching in circles and sounding like a hog farm after a class trip to texas wiener! The other place to see gaily painted horses fart around in circles in single file was the merry go round at Pee Wee's Playhouse but  thankfully, that show's over!

Maybe attendance is off because some people who used to go to pro events are finding the amateur events more exciting these days... I mean wasn't stock car racing a lot more exciting before it became so boxed in and perfect? These perfect rows of sameness are severely boring!

Thanks,

Jim 
I think 4 stroke dirtbikes are a phase, kind of like "Glam Rock" in a way. You see the whole world subscribing to it, and you wonder how everyone could be choking down so much Kool Aid and Spam... Then 10 Years later, nothing's left but the timeless stuff from before and after..

Offline G-MONEY

• Expert
  • LET'R BUCK
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2010, 10:40:23 AM »
Check out the womens times on alli little Ashley Fioleck turned a 2:33 lap time!
"Everthing's the same just slightly different"