Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: DC is full of sh*t..No love for that guy and organization..sorry.  (Read 12528 times)

Offline 2smoker

• Professional
    • View Profile
http://www.vitalmx.com/videos/features/Davey-Coombs,1431/GuyB,64

Having a fair and equal playfield???? lol.. The sport is doomed . I will wipe my arse with his RACERXILL mag.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 07:31:10 PM by 2smoker »
Formula over substance will ALWAYS sell more.

Recovered

Re: DC is full of sh*t..No love for that guy and organization..sorry.
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 07:40:05 PM »
Yeah he's a ...........................

Offline SwapperMX

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 09:00:17 PM »
NO CONSPIRACY HERE !!!!!!!!!!!

Ahhhh men in black suits are at my door. Gotta go !!!!!!!!!!!!
Two Stroke - A Revolution or Extinction ??

You DECIDE !!

Offline eprovenzano

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 06:46:53 AM »
Its tuff to see the forest for the trees when you're in the OEM's pockets....
Eric Provenzano
2019 KTM 300 XCW TPI
2000 KTM 300 EXC (Son's)
2001 KTM 380 EXC
Sold 1991 KDX 200... fun play bike
Sold 1999 KX250
Sold 1999 YZ125 (son's)
Sold 2001 Yamaha TTL 125 (son's 1st bike)
Sold but never forgotten 1974 Honda Elsinore CR250M
Sold 1974 Honda Elsinore CR125

Offline KTMguy

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2010, 06:53:06 AM »
I'm pretty sure you guys would have had made the same decision if your were in his position.

Offline miedosoracing

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2010, 10:23:26 AM »
I told you guys over and over the 250cc vs 250cc is never gonna happen. The only hope is 150cc and 300cc changes. Start pushing that or just forget about anything at all. My last time saying it.
www.miedosoracing.com
Fightin the system like a 2 stroke modern day Robin Hood!

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2010, 02:15:29 PM »
While I don't always agree with some of the decisions that DC makes (or the committees and sub-committees) I think you guys need to cut him a break.

He is doing the best he can under the circumstances that he has inherited.

I watched the video twice, because I wasn't exactly sure what he was saying... what I heard was 250F vs 250 two stroke is not fair, because the two-stroke is 2 seconds a lap faster.

In our heart of hearts we all know this is true, at least at the Pro level.

I think we need to pay attention to what miedosoracing is saying and work at closing the handicap, so that there can be great racing all around.

Calling someone out or names will not help anyone or move our ideas to the forefront. We need to learn to "play" nice and work with folks like DC to improve our sport.

The one thing I know for sure is that when you ask 10 people how things should be run, you get 11 opinions!! It's not easy to run a race series and make everyone happy.

At some point we may find that the only way we can accomplish our goal is to start or support a two-stroke Pro Motocross Race Series.

Just saying...
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Recovered

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2010, 03:03:59 PM »
How about we get out and race our two strokes? After all motocross is a grassroots sport. Don't buy four strokes and don't sit behind a keyboard bad mouthing them. On the amateur level the 250s and 450's are beatable by a competent rider on a two stroke. Get out and ride. Buy a new YZ250 or KTM 250 and race it! Freshen up you CR and race it! That is what the manufacturers pay attention to,money.

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2010, 04:05:46 PM »
Sounds to me like the big thing is the lack of production by the manufacturers, as if they were in some vacuum and just made random decisions and the buying public were powerless to do anything but buy what is produced.  That organization has an immense level of control over what is produced, and it sounds like the Big Five have managed to make him think (or just say) that it's the other way about.

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline miedosoracing

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2010, 04:29:02 PM »
Sounds to me like the big thing is the lack of production by the manufacturers, as if they were in some vacuum and just made random decisions and the buying public were powerless to do anything but buy what is produced.  That organization has an immense level of control over what is produced, and it sounds like the Big Five have managed to make him think (or just say) that it's the other way about.

1 correction on what was said.  only 1 out of all 7 he mentioned doesn't produce the 250 2 stroke.  only 2 others don't ship them here. 
www.miedosoracing.com

Offline SwapperMX

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2010, 08:27:26 PM »
Yeah, a couple of things that I would like to know. He says they have the data on two strokes being faster than the four strokes. If they are talking about that test that Transworld MX did with Jason Lawrence riding a stock 250f then riding a stock 250 2 stroke, then that aint data. Compare a prepped 250 2 stroke race bike against a factory 250 four stroke. Then show us those results. There aint a two second difference there, I guarantee it.

Hey Miedoso, whats the latest with PRO NMX?? I had a look at the website, but havent seen any recent updates. Only that there is a change in schedule.

You DECIDE !!

Offline ASH510

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2010, 08:39:07 PM »
i was gonna ask Miedoso about the PRO N MX deal too.
so whats up? hows it going?

Offline miedosoracing

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2010, 05:29:10 AM »
i was gonna ask Miedoso about the PRO N MX deal too.
so whats up? hows it going?

With my big mouth, no one will touch me.  Everyone who said they would help me, on the inside won't touch me now.  The race I had scheduled got cancelled the Monday after I passed out fliers at the Dallas Supercross.  The track I was gonna use is a AMA sanctioned track.  Just a bunch of things like that.  I burnt my own bridge, I know it. So sorry to you guys for that.  But now I'm using the website as a told you so.  Things like 2 way radios, number plates as ads, gear etc.  Things that weren't even being talked about, now are "being tested."  DC is very smart.  You guys don't give him enough credit.  He doesn't miss a thing when it comes to the industry.  He sees everything I write, but responds to nothing, to stay out of the fray. Guys like Guyb and engine Ice dave try to paint me as crazy etc.  It's the industries way of running off threats... Don't believe me, go read about a guy named TFS.  He isn't crazy obviously, because he actually now works for NASA.  But that is what everyone said, and now he's gone. It goes like this. The big guys start calling someone crazy. The no bodies jump in to be part of the "insiders" and start agreeing with them and it just blows up.  It runs that person off in disgust and life back to normal.
That said, I'm working in the background still.  I'm pushing 144cc and 300cc rule changes and need your help.  The cc for cc thing is never gonna happen so let that go. There are some other things behind the scenes that I'm currently using my money for the series, on.  I am not putting my name on any of it, to save it from death.  So things that happen soon will not have ProNMX or Miedoso Racing's names on them, but they will be for the cause.
www.miedosoracing.com

Offline SwapperMX

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2010, 10:42:37 AM »
Dude thats heavy. Real heavy. Sorry to hear that. I hope that you stick at it and can have some positive influences for two strokes still. You seem highly influential, and with all your experiences can really help push the cause forward. The 150cc and 300cc capacity increase is an interesting one for me. I suppose there are a few manufacturers now building the 150, but none building a 300, with KTM only offering a bolt on kit, and Husqvarna only building an XC model. For me this is getting away from traditional capacities, but now that KTM has released a 350 four stroke that is very competitive, then who knows what the future holds as far as capacity limits and classes. It looks as though the 350 will be a big seller, and a good idea, but as I read on another forum, will be a bike that makes 450f power but needs 250f maintenance. Not my cup of tea.  Do you think that the small capacity increase in both classes would be enough to give either the 144 or 300cc 2 strokes a fighting chance at a Pro level. ( I know John and Mike would love an extra 50cc) Would it bring any parity back to either classes and have both 2 and four strokes racing competitively together?  Or would it be only the die hard two stroke riders that give it a go and have to really battle just to run around towards the back of the pack.

Now I have heard the minimum age limit thing being spoken about again. To me there seems like one easy fix. 125 cc two stroke only class, with a maximum age of 19. This gives young up and coming racers a chance to learn the national tracks, make a name for themselves, and brings back three racing categories. Add to that incredibly tight, exciting racing. You can then have the 250 class, 2 or 4 stroke, and a true Open class. This is what is happening here in Australia, and working well, except that the U/19s class can race 250fs or 250 2 strokes. The guys behind the running of our national championship have the interests of the sport at heart and I really respect that. The World GP scene has proven that the 125cc junior class would be incredibly popular. The 250 2 strokes arent going to take over the world if they are allowed to race in the lites class. There is only a handful being ridden in the lites class over here, and havent managed to win a moto yet. This is with some really good riders choosing to race the 2 stroke again.
I know you said that it isnt going to happen, but what are the powers that be(AMA) scared of. Displacement parity can only be good for the sport in very uncertain times. It gives everyday racers a chance to compete on the national level if they are good enough. Use Australia as a guide. We have a series that rivals any worldwide for ability, as we have shown, with plenty of aussies over there racing the AMA national championship. Good win today Chad ! Anyway, two strokes havent taken over the sport here, but they are an option, and that is all we ask. A chance to compete. Sorry if this was long winded but I am passionate about the cause. And a great cause it is!!!!!!!

You DECIDE !!

Offline G-MONEY

• Expert
  • LET'R BUCK
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2010, 01:58:14 PM »
Did you notice Davey's body movements when the 2stroke came up? He really didn't want to talk about it.But his adleb lines were well rehursed. Let Project two 50 start the snow ball effect.Let's all picth in and build some really hot smokers that make bigger and bigger dents in that corporate armor. What I really mean is what would the factories due if every privateer line up on a two  stroke and only the factory guys were on 4-strokes? That would send the message we want our sport pure again.
"Everthing's the same just slightly different"