Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: 2013 250sx tranny issues  (Read 6356 times)

Offline ab144

• View Profile
2013 250sx tranny issues
« on: September 13, 2012, 05:00:17 AM »
so we picked up a brand new 250sx within an hour of it being received get one ride on it. goes great break in is in full swing. second ride we go out and on third moto i come down out of a corner and try to shift to third only to find it is stuck in second. less than an hour on the bike. so now it is back at the dealership after being fixed(under warranty).
just wondering if any other 11-13 owners have had any problems like this?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by ' »

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
2013 250sx tranny issues
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 09:08:26 AM »
Just bad luck.
Things can go wrong with any machine.
If you don't fall off you are not going hard enough

Offline gpnewhouse7

• View Profile
2013 250sx tranny issues
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 10:54:26 PM »
so we picked up a brand new 250sx within an hour of it being received get one ride on it. goes great break in is in full swing. second ride we go out and on third moto i come down out of a corner and try to shift to third only to find it is stuck in second. less than an hour on the bike. so now it is back at the dealership after being fixed(under warranty).

Is this a serious thing or a joke? If its serious then it sort of looks like you were asking for it by racing it before it was properly broken in and I dont think that it would of happened under normal circumstances and if run in correctly, on the other hand if its a joke then your sense of humour is rubbish.

Offline _X_

• Professional
  • M.I.R.A.
    • View Profile
2013 250sx tranny issues
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 12:51:51 AM »
i'm so confused,HA!

Offline ab144

• View Profile
2013 250sx tranny issues
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2012, 04:55:14 AM »

Is this a serious thing or a joke? If its serious then it sort of looks like you were asking for it by racing it before it was properly broken in and I dont think that it would of happened under normal circumstances and if run in correctly, on the other hand if its a joke then your sense of humour is rubbish.

This was during a second break in ride not riding hard.

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
2013 250sx tranny issues
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2012, 06:57:47 AM »
I think this guy was asking a serious question and some have just given him the finger. ???
Way to welcome a new guy to the forum. :-[

Offline ab144

• View Profile
2013 250sx tranny issues
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2012, 07:37:04 AM »
I think this guy was asking a serious question and some have just given him the finger. ???

yup kind of what happened. did i do something wrong? i know i rushed the wording but damn...

Offline dbf498

• Novice
    • View Profile
2013 250sx tranny issues
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2012, 09:21:49 AM »

It's been a few days but when you brought your bike back to the dealership did they make mention of similar problems from any of other dealers across the country? To be honest, yours is the first major problem, of any kind, I've heard concerning any of the KTM bikes.

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
2013 250sx tranny issues
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2012, 09:24:13 AM »
yup kind of what happened. did i do something wrong? i know i rushed the wording but damn...

No you did nothing wrong at all.
I have no idea what the supossed joke was. Maybe some thought you said SXF. Who knows.
I hope you get your bike sorted.

Offline Coop

• Global Moderator
  • Professional
    • View Profile
2013 250sx tranny issues
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2012, 01:47:52 PM »

You didn't do anything wrong and I cleaned the thread up a little. Good luck getting your bike fixed, that's a bummer.
- Mike - Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive.

Offline gpnewhouse7

• View Profile
2013 250sx tranny issues
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2012, 01:48:52 PM »
I do apologise on behalf of TSM, this stuff doesn't usually happen on here (if it did I wouldn't come on here myself). In regards to the KTM if they've stood by it and covered it under warranty then I suppose you can't really complain, everone makes the odd mistake so one bad gearbox out of all the bikes sold is pretty good going.

As I say TSM isn't usually like this so please stick around long enough to realize that.

Offline scotty dog

• Professional
  • because golf courses should be motocross tracks!
    • View Profile
2013 250sx tranny issues
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2012, 03:49:39 PM »

Asking for it? I've had quite a few new bikes and probly spent 30 minutes running them in before racing them without a drama EVER! Like TMKIWI said, it happens with machines!!
Hope ya get it sorted ab144 and have no further dramas
F**K THE WHALES......................SAVE THE 2 STROKE!!!!

The hardest part about riding a 4 stroke is telling your parents your Gay!!

05 CR 250

Offline ab144

• View Profile
2013 250sx tranny issues
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2012, 04:11:21 PM »

It's been a few days but when you brought your bike back to the dealership did they make mention of similar problems from any of other dealers across the country? To be honest, yours is the first major problem, of any kind, I've heard concerning any of the KTM bikes.

There was a post on another forum that had like 3 or 4 people saying that it had problems shifting but no cases I saw of it actually locking up like this. I just figured maybe I could find more people on a two stroke only forum.

Offline ab144

• View Profile
2013 250sx tranny issues
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2012, 04:13:05 PM »
I do apologise on behalf of TSM, this stuff doesn't usually happen on here (if it did I wouldn't come on here myself). In regards to the KTM if they've stood by it and covered it under warranty then I suppose you can't really complain, everone makes the odd mistake so one bad gearbox out of all the bikes sold is pretty good going.

As I say TSM isn't usually like this so please stick around long enough to realize that.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Offline gpnewhouse7

• View Profile
2013 250sx tranny issues
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2012, 05:56:11 PM »

Asking for it? I've had quite a few new bikes and probly spent 30 minutes running them in before racing them without a drama EVER! Like TMKIWI said, it happens with machines!!
Hope ya get it sorted ab144 and have no further dramas

Seriously? I always spend 2 or 3 hours using less than half throttle running a bike in before I even think about racing it and even then for the following 3 or 4 rides go really easy on it. How often do you rebuild the engine on your bike? I can ususally get a season out of mine before I replace it but even then the pistons are usually still in pretty good condition.