Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: YZ Project pics.  (Read 64669 times)

Offline Charles Owens

• Professional
    • View Profile
    • Two Stroke Motocross
YZ Project pics.
« on: February 24, 2011, 10:59:15 AM »
Hey guys, I'll post up to date pics here, as the project progresses.

I just finished tearing it down. I just have to remove the foot pegs, and throw it in the blast cabinet. :)

Offline Charles Owens

• Professional
    • View Profile
    • Two Stroke Motocross
Re: YZ Project pics.
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 08:04:39 AM »
Hey guys, first parts for the project came this morning!

Thanks to All Balls for getting this project on a roll!
www.goallballs.com

Offline Coop

• Global Moderator
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 10:49:35 AM »
Nice.
- Mike - Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive.

Recovered

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 12:50:08 PM »
soo i get the tshirt right?? i would love to have AllBalls across my chest. :-*

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 01:14:29 PM »
I think I need a cold shower........ ???
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.

Offline opfermanmotors

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011, 06:01:31 PM »
Modest beginings start with a single blow of a horn, man.

Offline riffraff

• Professional
  • Still smokin' after all these years
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2011, 08:47:02 PM »
soo i get the tshirt right?? i would love to have AllBalls across my chest. :-*

No comment    :-X
aaahhhhh yes, I remember the good old days

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2011, 01:08:15 AM »
Nice to see that our frame isn't made out of recycled beer cans like the competition!

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline MyckMcClung

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2011, 08:53:20 AM »
I too am a fan of Chromoly frames, biggest factor in my purchase of the KX250. I considered the RM250 but prefered the hidden gas tank/seamless shroud design of the KX. Despite the shroud/gas tank seam  on the Yamaha, it had a good feel ergonomicaly and I didn't notice it. But the aluminum chassis of the 05 yz250 compared to the 03 yz250 I tested felt kinda stiff when apexing a wide turn at speed.
If a pair of 2" brass balls isn't working, I doubt that the 3" model will make much difference.

Offline SwapperMX

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2011, 12:20:20 AM »
If you want to be taken seriously with this project on other websites, eg VitalMX etc, you better be going to win some decent amateur level races in the A class or +25. Otherwise this project, and the WHOLE WEBSITE, will be considered a joke, and the laughing stock of all that use moto forums. I really hope this doesnt go bad, and I hope you realise the implications of not doing this properly if you are going to post on other websites. Best of luck, it seems at the moment that you are going to need it.
Two Stroke - A Revolution or Extinction ??

You DECIDE !!

Offline ACMX

• Professional
  • Andrew Cameron
    • View Profile
    • ACMX Productions
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2011, 12:27:06 AM »
Remember, this is a test project. This will guide the path towards the goal of getting a pro racer on a pro level bike :)
And don't be worried, you get to choose the rider.
ACMXProductions.weebly.com <-- Check it out! Now!

'Forgive me lord for I have sinned. I hit a fourth gear jump in fifth gear pinned'

The Sweet Sound of a Yz125 Two Stroke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSO3Po7uvJo

'If it takes more than two strokes, then you're just playing with

Offline SwapperMX

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2011, 01:00:50 AM »
Remember, this is a test project. This will guide the path towards the goal of getting a pro racer on a pro level bike :)
And don't be worried, you get to choose the rider.
Yeah, but the point is, if you are going to post on other websites about this project it needs to be done professionally to promote the website, the rider, and show that two strokes can still be competitive. If you go and put a C grade swapper out there in some local club races on an 01 YZ 125, and then go and boast about getting top five finishes on other moto websites, the project, the rider, the two stroke motocross website, and to an extent two strokes in general, will be considered a joke. In my opinion, starting such a project and using a 10 year old bike is a bad idea, unless it is done in jest to prove a point. Going all out on this bike to make it look "good" should not be the important part of a project such as this one. At the moment, this project to me seems to be heading in the wrong direction. A website that is reknown worldwide such as this one is, needs to realise that even if a "test" project is taken on, that a lot of people will know about it. If you are trying to gain some knowledge as far as putting a race team together, then keep it fairly quiet, and maybe put the odd post on the general moto talk page on this website. Don't go and advertise it everywhere. Leave that untill the real deal pro two stroke team is together, and develop a massive worldwide following, which, with a two stroke race bike, and the internet, would be easy to do. Look at the hype that surrounded Project two 50. That was crazy, and when it failed, everyone discredited it, and wrote off two strokes at the pro level. There is far reaching effects, that I dont think are being considered by those involved. My opinion, and I hope that it is at least read and taken in.
Two Stroke - A Revolution or Extinction ??

You DECIDE !!

Offline evo550

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2011, 04:41:11 AM »
Here's a shot of my old '04 YZ (at Stanmore).
It's a good example of how a red and white version turns out.

Offline MyckMcClung

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2011, 05:20:19 AM »
 I hear what you're saying, but the truth is, that the Pro level on the National AMA indoor and outdoor series, is obtainable by maybe 8% of those of us who race. At that level, a bike from the early 90's could still be competitive in the right hands.

I don't think that this project is geared toward chasing a "Lites" Pro class title.

I think IT IS focused more toward the grass roots of the sport.

This project is allowing 2 stroke riders/fans to get involved in something bigger than what's in their garage.

I'm hoping to see it develope the type of comradery that the sport has been missing since the the late 90's.

Look at how many people on this forum, and on FB are following and participating in this project, and hanging on to every post in the Poll threads.

That what this project is about to me.

F#*k the factory race teams and Pro AMA. That's all just a big commercial to sell these new expensive, over weight, overpowered, under reliable, bikes.

I know I don't own a Semi truck full of tools, spare motors etc. I don't put a new motor in my bike after every race. And neither does the other 92% of dirt bike guys in the real world.
GRASS ROOTS IS MOTOCROSS with out it there are no factory teams
If a pair of 2" brass balls isn't working, I doubt that the 3" model will make much difference.

Offline Charles Owens

• Professional
    • View Profile
    • Two Stroke Motocross
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2011, 05:41:05 AM »
I hear what you're saying, but the truth is, that the Pro level on the National AMA indoor and outdoor series, is obtainable by maybe 8% of those of us who race. At that level, a bike from the early 90's could still be competitive in the right hands.

I don't think that this project is geared toward chasing a "Lites" Pro class title.

I think IT IS focused more toward the grass roots of the sport.

This project is allowing 2 stroke riders/fans to get involved in something bigger than what's in their garage.

I'm hoping to see it develope the type of comradery that the sport has been missing since the the late 90's.

Look at how many people on this forum, and on FB are following and participating in this project, and hanging on to every post in the Poll threads.

That what this project is about to me.

F#*k the factory race teams and Pro AMA. That's all just a big commercial to sell these new expensive, over weight, overpowered, under reliable, bikes.

I know I don't own a Semi truck full of tools, spare motors etc. I don't put a new motor in my bike after every race. And neither does the other 92% of dirt bike guys in the real world.
GRASS ROOTS IS MOTOCROSS with out it there are no factory teams
That about sums it up, thanks myc. :)
The main goal was to get you guys involved, it is turning into a great project, with lots of support.
The bike will be making rounds for photos and test rides.
Any one of you that want to ride it, can. It would just have to be were the bike happens to be at the time. Test track/photo shoot etc. :)
Thanks guys!