Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Project 250  (Read 13603 times)

Offline KXwestYZ

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
Re: Project 250
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2010, 04:16:46 AM »
I'd say move it to a country that has parity in the classes, and kick some arse!!

yeah exactly here in uk we have the red bull pro nationals and in the 250 class we race 4 and 2 strokes together - perfect line up to race in

Offline miedosoracing

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2010, 05:12:04 AM »
Something to think about. If 150 and 300 doesn't pass...  Watching Cedric, and using their opinion on the outdoors, using a 250 2 stroke would definitely serve us better in the SX series.  First and foremost, the sound indoors would be better. The chance to qualify is definitely better, and that beautiful smell is trapped in the dome.   8)  I still say to this day, DV would have qualified and done well had his CR250 been set up correct.  Nothing against Lucky, because I actually know him personally, rode for a low tier sponsorship they offered.  Anyways, it's just not the same as the good stuff and good setup like Pro Circuit or something like that. I just think the 250 could have done better on it's last chance, before being put out to pastuer, but there wasn't a well setup bike out on the track.  He had all kinds of problems hooking up etc.  The year before he got like 3rd or something in the series.  If you remember right, from that year, his results were anything but spectacular when he switched to 450F's.  It wasn't which bike, it was the setup....
www.miedosoracing.com
Fightin the system like a 2 stroke modern day Robin Hood!

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2010, 03:36:19 PM »
Most definitely. Bring it down under and stir things up. I have enough connections and bikes, if there is any rider good enough to battle for a lites National championship. PJ Larsen won it this year. Would be even better to see a two stroke win it next year. I am sure EVO would help out also!! Any takers ??

I have been thinking along those lines as well. ;D
If you could get a well known rider down here with the proper backing, ie (Factory support) on a KTM/TM in the Lites class that would mix thing up quite well.
DK won a race early in the year on his YZ over in OZ.
I think that would get the smoker back in the eyes of the public & media.
Small steps.
If you don't fall off you are not going hard enough

Offline Bioflex

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2010, 03:17:07 AM »
I'll throw my hand up to be in this project if it ever comes to Aus. Recently we were approached by a few riders who race MX about sponsoring them (as we are considering entering that market) however I was a little put off to see all of them on "250f's".
You have to wonder if any of these younger guys have spent any time at all on a 2 stroke at all.

I reckon we need to start a conglomerate of businesses and other interested parties on 2 stroke motorcross (who all obviously share the same passion) about supporting a rider and bike in a series where cc for cc rules apply. If the right people were involved I'd be more than happy to invest a bit of money as well as offer support in terms of products and expertise where applicable.

Offline Watson777

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2010, 10:37:01 AM »
Ill come to Aus and ride it for ya!!!! Always wanted to come to Australia!

Offline scotty dog

• Professional
  • because golf courses should be motocross tracks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2010, 05:16:35 AM »
Ill come to Aus and ride it for ya!!!! Always wanted to come to Australia!
There we go theres the answer right there ;D ;D
F**K THE WHALES......................SAVE THE 2 STROKE!!!!

The hardest part about riding a 4 stroke is telling your parents your Gay!!

05 CR 250

Offline Hondacrrider

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2010, 08:05:28 PM »
I really want to ride for two stroke motocross.. except I suck at riding, so I would prolly give the site a bad rep. I guess I can contribute with articles like I did once in the past, but I was just wondering, can you make a two stroke motocross graphics kit?
I'd rather be riding...

Offline Watson777

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2010, 08:41:10 PM »
We have Two Stroke Motocross graphics kits  :D

Offline Hondacrrider

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2010, 08:55:46 PM »
We have Two Stroke Motocross graphics kits  :D
Really? where can I purchase one?
I'd rather be riding...

Offline ACMX

• Professional
  • Andrew Cameron
    • View Profile
    • ACMX Productions
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2010, 11:31:18 PM »
I need some new graphics and shrouds for my 125... Swiped a fence and cracked the right shroud.. Do I have to go to a site like Decal Works and make my own graphics with the TSM logo in it? Cause I saw an article where someone did that... Or do you guys have some we can purchase? Cause I'm not the only one willing to buy!
ACMXProductions.weebly.com <-- Check it out! Now!

'Forgive me lord for I have sinned. I hit a fourth gear jump in fifth gear pinned'

The Sweet Sound of a Yz125 Two Stroke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSO3Po7uvJo

'If it takes more than two strokes, then you're just playing with

Offline scotty dog

• Professional
  • because golf courses should be motocross tracks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2010, 12:39:03 PM »
I need some new graphics and shrouds for my 125... Swiped a fence and cracked the right shroud.. Do I have to go to a site like Decal Works and make my own graphics with the TSM logo in it? Cause I saw an article where someone did that... Or do you guys have some we can purchase? Cause I'm not the only one willing to buy!
I think Watson has his own business making decals.
F**K THE WHALES......................SAVE THE 2 STROKE!!!!

The hardest part about riding a 4 stroke is telling your parents your Gay!!

05 CR 250

Offline snowboarderro

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2010, 01:06:59 PM »
black heart mx does decals with 3 free logos if i remeber right

Offline Watson777

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2010, 06:07:30 PM »
yes we just started our own graphics company since it isn't looking like work is going to pick up anytime soon. My wife has been doing this for 5 years now and we are taking our savings and hoping it works!! We will have them available with in the next 3 weeks. The 2 Stoke motocross graphics will be semi-customizable. You will be able to to adjust your base color, background color for # plates and of course your racing # and you will also be able to add all of your own sponsor logos. In addition we are the only graphics company in the industry that is capable of printing over 500 metallic colors! :-)

Offline eprovenzano

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2010, 02:22:33 AM »
Watson777 I just wanted you nothing buth success in your venture.  Good luck, I hope you get so busy, you have to turn work away...   8)
Eric Provenzano
2019 KTM 300 XCW TPI
2000 KTM 300 EXC (Son's)
2001 KTM 380 EXC
Sold 1991 KDX 200... fun play bike
Sold 1999 KX250
Sold 1999 YZ125 (son's)
Sold 2001 Yamaha TTL 125 (son's 1st bike)
Sold but never forgotten 1974 Honda Elsinore CR250M
Sold 1974 Honda Elsinore CR125

Offline metal_miracle

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2010, 02:34:48 AM »
sounds interesting are you making graphics for a ktm 85?  and do you have a web site to check out pictures?