Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: AMA Petition and Rumors  (Read 11005 times)

Offline miedosoracing

• Professional
    • View Profile
Re: AMA Petition and Rumors
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2010, 04:44:24 AM »
Unfortunately, he either hasn't read the petition or doesn't care, because he is still using the 250F vs 250 2 stroke message as reasoning.  Plus I'd like to see how a 250 2 stroke gets 3 seconds faster a lap, when the 450's aren't.  Umm, I thought we were passed that???? Someone go post that DC needs to know it is 150 and 300 2 strokes.
www.miedosoracing.com
Fightin the system like a 2 stroke modern day Robin Hood!

Offline burn1986

• Professional
  • 1986 best year for CRs
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2010, 06:22:47 AM »
I replied. DC is grasping at straws with his comments. I guess he has a lot to think about right now.

Offline Super Trucker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2010, 08:34:54 AM »
It,s a noble idea 150,300, a  priateer might get a good start,but realisticly his finish will be 30 to 40 th. It comes down to talent,if you have a top 15 rider, he finishes in the top 15, if you have a rider trying to squeek into the main, he,s not going to be a top 15 rider, even if he,s on a  mod. 2-st. and has an advantage. We should be trying to start our own  2-st. series, and  have the races at tracks like Millville, before the 4-st. national, the crowds will show up for the 2-st. national  and won,t  show up at the 4-st. national. Get  them where it hurts, in the wallet.

Offline miedosoracing

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2010, 11:24:05 AM »
I replied. DC is grasping at straws with his comments. I guess he has a lot to think about right now.

Burn, you didn't really state it still. It needs to say, DC, the petition is for only 150 vs 250F and 300 vs 450F.  You only explained it's a little displacement change, but didn't say what they are.  Otherwise, they will keep on using the 250 vs 250 example.  Thanks
www.miedosoracing.com

Offline scottydog

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2010, 01:11:40 PM »
I think the 150/300 is good compromise(or maybe 175/350) just because a 150 would be alot more suiteable/marketable bike.
How many people like 125s but are just a wee bit big for them.

Offline burn1986

• Professional
  • 1986 best year for CRs
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2010, 01:50:57 PM »

Burn, you didn't really state it still. It needs to say, DC, the petition is for only 150 vs 250F and 300 vs 450F.  You only explained it's a little displacement change, but didn't say what they are.  Otherwise, they will keep on using the 250 vs 250 example.  Thanks

Yeah, I don't know if it would've mattered. I replied later, but I doubt it was noticed.

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2010, 01:54:47 PM »
Why do people keep going on about a standard 250 2/s is quicker then a 250F.
Who races a standard 250F in the pro's ? :o
There's a big difference between a stock 250F and a mod race bike.
The smokers in NZ & Aussie havnt wiped out the F's.
To much political bullshit.  >:(
If you don't fall off you are not going hard enough

Offline Coop

• Global Moderator
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2010, 02:15:24 PM »
Yeah, I don't know if it would've mattered. I replied later, but I doubt it was noticed.

I posted and kind of stirred them all up again unintentionally, lol.
- Mike - Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive.

Offline burn1986

• Professional
  • 1986 best year for CRs
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2010, 02:22:49 PM »
yeah, i think its about talked to death. Its time for silent action.

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2010, 05:11:39 PM »
yeah, i think its about talked to death. Its time for silent action.

The big problem with talking about this on some message boards is that it brings out the... mentally challenged on both sides. Some of the pro-2-stroke voices are just as bad as the pro-4-stroke voices....

My experiences have shown me that there is a divide in the motorcycle ranks and it appears to be a economic one. No not due to the current state of affairs in this country and around the world but more in the differences between the haves and have nots...

While even the have nots want to be able to purchase new two-strokes, the truth is that they really can not afford to buy these machines that would end up costing more than the current stable of machines.

What we need is what one of our board members suggested a while back... a modern version of the Yamaha DT-1 that sells for under $4,000.00

Something that could be simple to operate, maintain, that was quite and low emission.  A machine that almost anyone could afford to buy and compete with.

As we have seen from some of the videos that have been shared on here is that as long as their are at least two people on motorcycles, they can have a race.

Calling people names and starting "fights" will never get anything accomplished.

This petition is a fabulous step in the right direction and has been presented in a professional manner. any thanks to Burn for taking the bull by the horns and making something happen.
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline miedosoracing

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2010, 09:34:01 AM »
It is kinda as I suspected. DC avoided multiple posts about it only being 150cc and 300cc.  He doesn't miss anything, and it is obvious. He posted replys to all those that were baggin on him. But 0 about the fact that we aren't even talking about 250 vs 250 anymore.  Pure agenda.  When I met him I truely believed he was on the 2 stroke side. After watching his replies over and over, I don't. Sad.  I think you guys need to post over and over, to DC that the petition is only for 150 2 stroke vs 250F etc. Keep on posting until he responds.  Or better yet, start a new one, with that as the title. LOL
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 09:52:31 AM by miedosoracing »
www.miedosoracing.com

Offline opfermanmotors

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2010, 11:06:00 AM »
Someone ask him why he is arguing against a strawman.
Modest beginings start with a single blow of a horn, man.

Offline burn1986

• Professional
  • 1986 best year for CRs
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2010, 01:28:42 PM »
It is kinda as I suspected. DC avoided multiple posts about it only being 150cc and 300cc.  He doesn't miss anything, and it is obvious. He posted replys to all those that were baggin on him. But 0 about the fact that we aren't even talking about 250 vs 250 anymore.  Pure agenda.  When I met him I truely believed he was on the 2 stroke side. After watching his replies over and over, I don't. Sad.  I think you guys need to post over and over, to DC that the petition is only for 150 2 stroke vs 250F etc. Keep on posting until he responds.  Or better yet, start a new one, with that as the title. LOL

Yeah, I'm gonna post some more stuff and clarify. I don't know what to say about DC orther than he is completely devoid of listening or understanding.

Offline opfermanmotors

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2010, 02:41:16 PM »
Unrelated but Vitalmx is a bad choice of names they really should change it.  I keep reading it as Vitamin, unless that's the intention.

Modest beginings start with a single blow of a horn, man.

Offline factoryX

• Professional
  • Hurry! Follow the other farting sheep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2010, 03:27:19 PM »
While even the have nots want to be able to purchase new two-strokes, the truth is that they really can not afford to buy these machines that would end up costing more than the current stable of machines.

this brings up another problem, cost. Who in there right minds would pay $8,000 plus for a brand new 250cc 2 stroke? This market right now is not going to work 5-10 years down the line, and will eventually starve itself.

I ride an 03 yz250, wait 04, wait 05, what ever, they're all the same #$@% YOU!