Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Does Vital MX "Block" certain posts??  (Read 2460 times)

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
Does Vital MX "Block" certain posts??
« on: March 13, 2010, 02:39:33 AM »
Yesterday morning I read a thread on Vital about Christope Pourcel which included a mention of two-strokes. Of course the first few posts were slams on two-strokes, but then the thread dissolved into arguing about CP. I decided to chime in, below is my post along with the quote of he opening post...

Now when CP is bitchslappning the 450s on his 250F..

DrSweden wrote: will the scared and rattled reconsider allowing the 250 smokers in the 250F series?

??I mean if it's possible to be faster on a 250Fs than on a 450, and the 250 smokers are consider inferior to the 450s, isn't it time to let them back in?

??I stole this thought from MXA, because I think they are spot on.

Sorry to hijack the thread and bring it back to the Opening Post, but.....

Why is it whenever someone even mentions the word two-stroke, folks jump on here saying they're dead, beating a dead horse, etc, etc...

Then when the folks that would like to see a choice mention the displacement disparity, those same folks cry like a wounded calf?

The rules have been crafted to favor the four-stroke... if there was no rule allowing for a displacement advantage there would be no four-strokes racing in motocross today.

I believe that what DrSweden is asking is why can;t this idea be considered?

A few suggestions.... keep the displacement handi-cap in place for the four-strokes, but make them adhere to real sound level restrictions.

While your at it eliminate the homologation (sp) rule and allow some of the smaller manufacturers to compete. What are the big guys afraid of?

How about a different way... let the 125cc two-stroke gain an additional 25cc of displacement and the 250cc gain an additional 50cc of displacement. This is not what it should be, but it's a start.

Then let the market decide which bike is "dead"...

What I find incredible is that the post count remained the same as when I posted it (913) and no one replied. I'm confused!!

If any of you have Vital accounts would you go and attempt to post a reply to this thread, then let us know if it works?

http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/MotoRelated,20/Now-when-CP-is-bitchslappning-the-450s-on-his-250F,848034

Thank you
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline motomike894

• Expert
    • View Profile
Re: Does Vital MX "Block" certain posts??
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 09:08:45 AM »
I repsonded to the thread, see what kind of reaction that gets!

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, 09:38:12 AM »
Hey motomike... thanks! At least we know that they didn't block it!!

I suppose that when I post there, it's just a thread killer! LOL :o :o

Life is short.

Offline 2smoker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2010, 12:02:44 PM »
Yep...never forget that DC and some others big heads hang around all the time there... This is is totally corrupted.. So many 2 strokes vs 4 stroke threads with good arguments  just disappear in the dumbgeon all the time! Experienced members will tell you! They control the internet also! This is why twostrokemotocross.com exist! :) Thanks John!
Formula over substance will ALWAYS sell more.

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2010, 06:32:46 PM »
WOW!! A few of the readers of this site have chimed in on this thread... thank you!!

Unfortunately there are many in our industry that stand to make huge amounts of money if it stays the way it is. The problem is that they are driving the guys that have been the backbone of this sport since the very beginning into new things and away from motocross.

It's like they just look at races like LL's where virtually everyone shows up with a huge motorhome and a stable of machines... the truth is that when these guys get "bored" they will jump into the next thing.

Just look at some of the best racers in our sport... Bob Hannah, Ricky Carmichael, James Stewart and now Justin Barcia... what do these guys all have in common? They all started with little or nothing in the money department, but took one aspect with them, their desire to win.

Each of them had to overcome huge obstacles to get where they are today.. they experienced rough times, set backs and disappointments... they all came from working class families...

Has there been a racer that came from a well to do family, excel at motocross? If there has been I don't know about it.

The guys that buy a new bike every couple of years and races every weekend or goes out riding with his buddies at the local riding spot, these are the backbone of the sport... unfortunately the manufacturers are ignoring this segment of riders altogether...

Looked at in this way... it's bad business for them!
Life is short.