Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Does any one have sales numbers for yz twostrokes vs four strokes?  (Read 4797 times)

Offline luthier269

• Expert
    • View Profile
Every time I go to the local Yamaha dealer they never have any YZ two strokes on the showroom floors not even YZ85's. Some of the local Amateurs have been loooking for new Yz250 and have'nt been able to find any and some have bought KTM's. The dealer has plenty of last years YZ250F's and new ones.
Motocross is a real sport all the rest are just games

Offline TxTechRedRider

• Expert
    • View Profile
Re: Does any one have sales numbers for yz twostrokes vs four strokes?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 08:15:52 PM »
I have noticed also...We went and looked for yz two strokes at a local dealership, they didnt have any, and the salesman didnt even hint about Yamaha still making them.
07 Honda Cr125.   
Petition signer #61

Offline KX-Ruggs

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 08:51:24 PM »
Every time I stop in my local dealer they are out and a few of the guys there ask me if my bike is for sale yet. I just smile and shake my head. It seems even the employees wish they kept their 2 smokers and never went to the thumpers. I think they are hard to come by these days.
I am old but I can still fly.

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2010, 09:43:10 PM »
The Yz's are still on the floor over here. :)
Yamaha would be crazy not importing more to the states. >:(
From what you guys are saying over there, people are actually wanting to buy them.
The bike manufactors are having problems selling anything in the economic climate at the moment so it would make good sense to import what "PEOPLE WANT TO BUY".

But then again, maybe i dont know anything about 'supply and demand'  :P
If you don't fall off you are not going hard enough

Offline Coop

• Global Moderator
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 07:08:17 AM »
It's not just Yamaha 2 strokes. This is a page from a semi local KTM dealer. Check out the SX250:

http://www.fivestarcycle.com/ktm/mx.htm
- Mike - Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive.

Offline KTMguy

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2010, 11:42:46 AM »
When I bought my 250sx last year I called up about 15 KTM dealerships before I found one on the showroom floor. I ended up having to drive to NJ from VA. All the dealers I called said that they don't carry 2 strokes anymore, they'll only order them for you. Their loss.

Offline scotty dog

• Professional
  • because golf courses should be motocross tracks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2010, 12:10:13 PM »
Last time i went to a shop they still had 09 250 SX's and YZ 250's :o
No problem getting em here.......................maybe people are a bit slow in this neck of the woods and still havent seen the light yet............................or should i say the smoke!! ;D
F**K THE WHALES......................SAVE THE 2 STROKE!!!!

The hardest part about riding a 4 stroke is telling your parents your Gay!!

05 CR 250

Offline luthier269

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2010, 05:49:38 PM »
What is happening here is they are buying used 2007-2009 bikes instead of new ones cause they can't find them.
Motocross is a real sport all the rest are just games

Offline GlennC

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2010, 06:02:11 PM »
I lucked out on my 2010 yz250, another customer had a deposit on it and canceled 10 minutes before I walked in.

Also I put my 2002 cr250 for sale at the same dealer (they have nice a used section),
I put it up for $2,995. next to a 2004 crf450 for the same price. my two stroke sold in 3 weeks for $2,700. the four poke is still sitting on the lot...

Offline 2stroker

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2010, 11:02:50 PM »
here in australia its easy as to get a yz250     just order one in   be there in a week   most of the time they have them on the floor anyway

Offline maicoman009

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2010, 12:24:09 AM »
My local KTM dealer told me if I want to get a new 2011 KTM-300xc or xc-w that I better get a down payment on one ASAP because he sells all of his offroad 2-strokes very quickly & he also told me that KTM only allots so many bikes to each dealership!I told him thats very unfortunate because I know so many people out there that wants 2-stroke bikes nowadays.He then told me that he has plenty of used 4-strokes on the floor if I now anybody interested?I told him everyone I know seems to want 2-strokes & then he went into how good & reliable the new 4-strokes are and that he would give me a great deal on a used "09" 450xcw-f & I said NO WAY I'm a diehard 2-stroke only rider!I just about LOST IT when he started to tell me about how reliable & good that the new 4-strokes are! LOL ;D :D ;D :)

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2010, 04:37:32 AM »
My local KTM dealer told me if I want to get a new 2011 KTM-300xc or xc-w that I better get a down payment on one ASAP because he sells all of his offroad 2-strokes very quickly & he also told me that KTM only allots so many bikes to each dealership!I told him thats very unfortunate because I know so many people out there that wants 2-stroke bikes nowadays.He then told me that he has plenty of used 4-strokes on the floor if I now anybody interested?I told him everyone I know seems to want 2-strokes & then he went into how good & reliable the new 4-strokes are and that he would give me a great deal on a used "09" 450xcw-f & I said NO WAY I'm a diehard 2-stroke only rider!I just about LOST IT when he started to tell me about how reliable & good that the new 4-strokes are! LOL ;D :D ;D :)

This is a common occurrence at Yamaha dealers as well in the US. I wonder how many folks that had considered buying two-strokes ended up buying a four-stroke because of dealer recommendations?
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline Coop

• Global Moderator
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2010, 05:28:04 AM »
This is a common occurrence at Yamaha dealers as well in the US. I wonder how many folks that had considered buying two-strokes ended up buying a four-stroke because of dealer recommendations?

I am sure a lot. My friend is the parts guy at a local Kawasaki dealer and they have three "new" 09 250f's that they are really dealing on trying to move because they are just sitting there on the floor. You walk in looking for a dirtbike, guess which bikes the salesmen point you towards first?
- Mike - Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive.