Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Would you buy this bike?  (Read 7324 times)

Recovered

Re: Would you buy this bike?
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2010, 02:21:00 PM »
I'm not sure that number is derived from a calculation. I'd email the factory, but Koestler's english keeps him from giving long answers to technical questions.

Maybe the question should be put to Vince at Maico International. He'd be as good as anyone to call BS on the numbers.

I do know that evryone likes to poo poo the numbers because they are barely getting that from top factory 4T's.

Rest assured, 67 HP from a 2T is considerably easier to ride than a 50 HP 4T. I have ridden both.

Actually,I don't doubt that figure at all.I was simply yanking your chain a little solely for my own amusement.Oh well,It was worth a try :)

Good try!! You ALMOST got me!!!

Offline maicoman009

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2010, 06:46:13 PM »
Mxlord327 it sounds to me that you could benefit from getting yourself a KTM-250xc-w.The reason why I say this is because I'm 39 yrs. old & deal with having Multiple Sclerosis but I definitely don't let that stop me from owning & riding on average 3 x a week my KTM-300xc.The 300xc is a perfect bike for the type of riding I do & I can still keep up with the bigger 4-strokes no problem! The only thing you might have an issue with is that the KTM's do have power valves,however they can be easily adjusted to tame the power of the bike.They come with 3 color coded power valve springs & the one spring that comes on the bike stock is a mild PV spring so with that mild spring & the lower power ignition curve which is how my 300 is set up,you also would have a perfect bike for the riding or racing you do.  GOOD LUCK,Maicoman 009.

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2010, 08:44:06 PM »
Now that's what I call a resurrection.

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline admiral

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2010, 11:08:44 AM »
as to the question in the thread title "would you buy this bike?" my answer is no, and i agree with John and the Mad Scientist when they say it would never sell. interestingly though there was a bike thats fits your description made in the the '90's. it was the ATK 406 2 stroke. air cooled, no power valve, very easy to work on but it wasn't cheap and had nice components.