Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: More words from MXA about 2 Strokes!  (Read 6829 times)

Offline dutchdirtbikes

• Novice
    • View Profile
Re: More words from MXA about 2 Strokes!
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2011, 12:31:50 PM »
Beta sells 2T trials bikes and BMW owns Husqvarna (which makes 2T's). :D

Yeh off course   ::)
So it becomes even more weird why magazines are zweig death the twostrokes.
there are only two only fourstoke sellers :'(

Offline IPoopPickles

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2011, 03:58:56 PM »
How 'bout a chime in from our Canadian members like Ford - can you still get KX's and RM's up by the arctic circle, and if so what are the prices at local dealers?  I'm only about a 4 hour drive from the border here in southern Maine, might be worth a look.....

Nope, no Suzuki, Kawasaki, or Honda two strokes are available.  Your options up here are Yamaha's or KTM's... the funny thing is I used to remember a day (not too long ago, Im only 28) when owning a KTM was... for lack of a better term... gay.  Well not anymore.  90% of the riding I have done is bush riding and without a doubt the trails in the rockies are being navigated mostly by orange machines.  Which I think is great, people up here are getting fed up with four strokes as well, and you can see it on the trails.  Honestly 5... 6... 7 years ago seeing a KTM in the bush was kinda like seeing a Sasquatch.  Not anymore, they dominate the brand of bike found offroad up here, and they are mostly premix models.  The 300's are hugely popular.   

I talked with a Suzuki dealer the other day if there were plans to import RM's to Canada... he laughed and said "Nobody wants two strokes anymore man... four strokes are where its at!"  I said... "Well, looks like its a orange bike for me then."  He wasn't too impressed lol

I have found a brand new leftover 08 RM 250... but where its at is a secret.  ;)  The same Suzuki dealer who told me four strokes were the cats meow told me there were no leftover RM's in Canada.  After I made a few phone calls I found one.  Hows that for a "dealer network." 

Anyways MXLord, if you are a Canuck, your only real choices for two strokes are KTM's, Yamaha's... and I know there is a TM dealer in Saskatchewan and I believe in Vancouver.  Other than that... the used market has some deals available still. 
"...so I pinned it."

2008 KTM SX250
1993 Kawi KX250

Offline EJ

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2011, 12:10:12 AM »
If i'm not mistaken, there should also be a GasGas importer for the USA.
Anyway, i looked up the prices for a RM125 and RM250 in the Netherlands.
RM125 = 5490 euro's, RM250 = 5990Euro's. Nowadays they have the newer RM-Z
plastics. They can be ordered at any European Suzuki dealer, if they are not in stock.
For a KX125 or KX250, it's best to go to Rabbit Racing in The Netherlands,
they can still get adult size KX 2 strokes.

Offline wintrader

• Intermediate
    • View Profile

Offline EJ

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2011, 01:27:40 AM »
http://www.motocrossplanet.eu/rabbitracing/shoot/index.html

Indeed.
Those are the ones i meant. For Holland it's Rabbit Racing and V.D. Vegt.
And in Belgium, Jadoul Motorsport (in Rochefort) is the dealer for these KX's.
Click for larger image;

Offline CCOADY454

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2011, 02:04:24 PM »
How 'bout a chime in from our Canadian members like Ford - can you still get KX's and RM's up by the arctic circle, and if so what are the prices at local dealers?  I'm only about a 4 hour drive from the border here in southern Maine, might be worth a look.....

I have found a brand new leftover 08 RM 250... but where its at is a secret.  ;)  The same Suzuki dealer who told me four strokes were the cats meow told me there were no leftover RM's in Canada.  After I made a few phone calls I found one.  Hows that for a "dealer network." 

I found me a brand new 08 RM 250 and traded a used 08 Brute Force 750 4x4 quad for it straight up a few months ago.

Offline IPoopPickles

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2011, 08:19:31 PM »

Good to hear, funny how the salesman told me they were all gone.  Guess he really wanted to move that 4 stroke heap on his showroom floor.  ;)
I found me a brand new 08 RM 250 and traded a used 08 Brute Force 750 4x4 quad for it straight up a few months ago.
"...so I pinned it."

2008 KTM SX250
1993 Kawi KX250