Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: funny four stroke pic  (Read 2546 times)

Offline keeptwostrokesalive

• Professional
    • View Profile

Offline cmiller493

• Expert
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
Re: funny four stroke pic
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 07:17:35 PM »
I saw that too! Haha I was thinking about posting it up here.

Offline opfermanmotors

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 08:17:19 PM »
I saw a 2008 KTM 300 catch on fire once.  A guy I was riding with accidentally left a rag in the air filter.  So when the bike started it would flood out major.  So he kept taking off the gas tank, turning the bike upside down and dumping out the gas.  Well, one time he was doing that and he was kicking it over to flush the gas out.  However, he also had the spark plug still hanging there and next thing you know bike on fire!  We were able to put it out though before any damage occur.
Modest beginings start with a single blow of a horn, man.

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 01:59:00 AM »
Funny, Super Hunky has a story in his book of almost exactly the same thing happening, except it was during an enduro on the bank of a 12ft-deep river the guy had tried to ford.  He thought it'd be a good idea to use just a little bit of gas to evaporate away some of the water (I think that's what he did, but I'm not going to hunt through the book to verify) and things got out of control and pretty soon the bike is reduced to scorched metal and ashes.

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?